Assist partners with a full range of services, from development of initial bids to on-site logistics. Also help with volunteer coordination, sponsorship and event promotion.
Help to develop recreation and competitive amateur sports programs in Maryland by leveraging and coordinating resources among partner organizations throughout the state.
To unify the state’s sports community strengthen Maryland's presence in the global marketplace, Maryland Sports will:
- Develop and maintain an information database of existing venues, sports organizations and events to facilitate marketing activities and resource development.
- Partner with tourism industry leaders and sports entities to target and develop bids, coordinate volunteer efforts, and develop sponsorship and promotional opportunities for new and existing sporting events.
- Create and leverage marketing activities including web-based initiatives and collateral materials to build a strong presence in the worldwide sports community.
- Target key National Governing Bodies (NGB) and International Federations (IF) in the sports industry; encourage the establishment of headquarters or satellite offices, and bring sports events and other related opportunities to Maryland.
To monetarily support high quality amateur sporting events in Maryland that generate a significant economic impact to local communities through participant and attendee spending.
Provide financial help to support local CVBs, Sports Commissions, Event Owners or governmental agencies in hosting amateur sporting events that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- To provide and grow youth sports opportunities and participation through sporting events;
- To produce a positive economic impact on the state’s economy;
- To increase spending by out-of-state visitors;
- To generate media coverage and exposure of the value of sports tourism to Maryland;
- To create or provide a quality of life opportunity for Marylanders;
- To generate overnight hotel stays from participants and spectators
Fiscal Year 2020 Amateur & Youth Sports Grant Program Information:
The grant application deadline is June 28, 2019 midnight