Maryland Sports will begin accepting internship applications for the Spring 2017 time period in mid-October. Our ideal candidates will be well-rounded individuals looking to gain valuable work experience. The intern in this position(s) will be charged with enhancing Maryland Sports’ web presence, partnership initiatives and interactive marketing efforts by contributing to the website, events calendar and various social media outlets and other projects as assigned.
Overall responsibilities may include but are not limited to: researching event opportunities; writing original content for blog postings, web content, and newsletters; enhancing the media section of web site; supporting our TEAM Maryland initiative; and assisting on special projects. Some travel and weekends may be necessary to cover events.
In addition to the activities associated with Maryland Sports opportunities do arise from time to time to support the Maryland Stadium Authority with special events;i.e. The Color Run, Army-Navy Game, Game-day Operations, etc.
Our past interns have gone on to thrive in the sports industry via the experience gained here at Maryland Sports. Coming from schools such as Maryland, Georgetown, Louisville, Towson, Loyola and Johns Hopkins, our interns have gone on to secure great jobs in the sports field. We have former interns working for Under Armour, the NFL PA, Brooklyn Nets and SB Nation, just to name a few. The Maryland Sports internship program is a great stepping stone into the sports industry field.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Enrollment in an institution of higher learning. Preferably with a concentration in sports management, marketing, communications, journalism, digital media or graphic design.
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities
- Excellent written-communication skills
- Excellent verbal-communication skills
- Multi-task oriented with strong organizational skills
- Creative thinker
- Strong computer skills
- Sports marketing, graphic or website experience a plus
- Tourism or hospitality experience a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Cover letter
- Sample of work, if necessary