You are here
Here 2 Play
Indoors or Outdoors? Runners don’t have to choose
- With the temperatures outside taking a dip (and holiday decorations popping up), most Marylanders are realizing that fall is winding down and old man winter will soon be knocking on our doors. Some local athletes are taking advantage of what little good weather we have left, while some have begun to migrate their activities indoors […]
Feasting on the Competition over the Thanksgiving Holiday
- While many of us were spending time gobbling up Thanksgiving leftovers or camping out for Black Friday deals this past weekend, others were busy competing in some big time tournaments around Maryland. We talked about the NATT Teams Championship in Baltimore last week, but there were plenty of other events going on in Maryland. These […]
Maryland Takes Center Stage
- The weather was perfect this weekend for an exciting and eventful array of sports around the state. From horse racing to cycling to extreme races, there was something for everyone to participate in. Here is a snapshot of why Maryland is a growing Sports destination: Maryland will have another, as the 137th Preakness featured the […]
The British Invasion…
- On Saturday two English Premier League teams took to the pitch at M&T Bank Stadium. The crowd of approx. 43,000 witnessed the first time two EPL teams have played one another on US soil – Tottenham FC v. Liverpool FC. The bluegrass pitch looked remarkable considering the hot and steamy weather. The two clubs were […]
Happy New Years!
- In 2012 there were many great sporting events of every caliber that took place throughout the State of Maryland. Some examples of memorable events for me include the Grand Prix of Baltimore, 93,000+ fans packing Ocean City for the Pantech Dew Tour, the USA Junior Olympic Sailing Festival in Annapolis and the USA National Junior Olympic Track & Field Championship at Morgan State University. And who […]
Ethiopians gather in Maryland for weeklong soccer celebration
- If you have attended a football or basketball game at the University of Maryland, then you’re probably familiar with Testudo dancing down the sidelines and Terrapins fans wearing red or gold chanting their victory song. While that sight of the local Maryland community is normal during the fall and winter months, I saw tens of […]
Welcome to Maryland, Washington Spirit!
- The Maryland Office of Sports is pleased to welcome the Washington Spirit and women’s professional soccer back to Maryland! The Inaugural NWSL home game for your Washington Spirit kicks off on Saturday, April 20th against Western New York Flash. The match is expected to feature the FIFA World Player of the Year Abby Wambach in […]
Let’s Hear it for the Girls!
- The first weekend in November is all about the ladies…well at least when it comes to athletics! There are quite a few tournaments taking place in Maryland over the next couple of days featuring women athletes. We’ve got a little bit of everything going on this weekend. The 2011 ACC Field Hockey Championships got underway […]
Hood College Keeps on Believing
- Friday was a momentous day for Hood College in Frederick. After 62 years, the college finally opened a brand new athletic center, and OSM was on hand for all the festivities. The new 41,000-square-foot Hood College Athletic Center includes the BB&T Arena, a 1,600-seat arena where the men’s and women’s basketball and volleyball teams will […]
College Championships Abound in Maryland
- There were three different college conference championships held in Maryland this past weekend: the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Indoor Track & Field Championships, the Capital Athletic Conference Men’s & Women’s Swimming Championships and the Maryland JUCO Basketball Championships. Prince George’s Sports and Learning Complex hosted the MEAC Championships this year. The Championships started on Thursday and […]