You are here
Here 2 Play
What Do You Know about Maryland’s First State Sport?
- Originally posted on Maryland Stories:1962 was a turbulent year in American History. The Cuban Missile Crisis began, Rachel Carson released her pivotal work Silent Spring, and Tom Cruise was born. In the midst of this national turmoil, a small, but still notable, bill was introduced into the Maryland State Legislature. When signed into law, House Bill…
ESPN College GameDay Makes MD Debut for Army-Navy Game at M&T Bank Stadium
- Mid December is an exciting time in the world of college football. The regular season is over, all Conference Championships have been played and with these conclusions come the anticipation of what is to follow: Remaining selections for the nationally beloved bowl games, the highly anticipated first year of college football playoffs and let us not forgot what is […]
52nd Annual JFK 50 Mile Run- A History of Excellence
- On Saturday, November 22nd, the 52nd Annual JFK 50 Mile Run will taking place, with over 1,000 runners set to compete. The JFK 50 Mile Run has had a long history in Maryland, starting back in 1963, one year before the beloved President John F. Kennedy was assassinated. The run was initially created to increase […]
Night Orienteering Championship Takes Baltimore County
- “Orienteering? What in the world is that?” No need to be ashamed if those questions popped into your mind after reading this headline; I can assure you that you are not the only one. So for those of you who may not have heard about this increasingly popular “thinking sport”: What is orienteering? According to […]
Inaugural Race for “10k Across the Bay”
- The inaugural “10k Across the Bay” took place Sunday, November 9th with over 20,000 runners ready to be the first to win the event. For the first time since 2006, runners had their chance to run across the beautiful Chesapeake Bay Bridge. The scene was perfect for the return of the crossing. At the sound […]
Get Excited Cecil County – Calvert Regional Park is Almost Underway!
- Excitement is in the cool, fall Cecil County air as they prepare to begin construction on the county’s first regional park! With the property located between MD Route 272 and MD Route 273, just four miles from I-95 and six miles from US Route 40, this convenient 112 acre site is set to be a […]
Gone Fishin’- Charles County Is the New Hot Spot for Fishermen
- With the fall season just beginning in the fishing world, many aspiring fishermen in Maryland are looking to catch the fish of the year. Whether you are a small time fisherman looking for some recreation or a competitive outdoorsman looking to win money, Charles County has everything you need. With various parks, piers and rivers […]
- The hashtag says it all: for one week the world was HERE in MARYLAND for the Deep Creek 2014 International Canoe Federation(ICF) Slalom World Championships. “The World Is Here” is the most unique slogan that could have represented such a large event happening in one of the most discrete parts of our state. Located in McHenry, the […]
From Tears to Triumphs, ’14 USSSA E.W.S. had it all!
- Nearly 400 girl’s fastpitch softball teams, ranging in age from 10U to 18U, played at various facilities spanning Maryland’s Lower Eastern Shore from July 16th to August 2nd. It was a beautiful three weeks of softball, as the weather was in the low 80’s with no humidity, which is unheard of in the month of […]
2014 Cal Ripken World Series Pool Play Recap
- As the host team at the Cal Ripken World Series, Harford County is always a fan-favorite in the tournament. However, in past tournaments, the success hasn’t match the fanfare. This year the team on the field has backed up the noise in the stands. The Hickory Hornets won the Opening Game of the World Series […]