You are here
Here 2 Play
Football & Fencing Fun in Baltimore
- It was a busy weekend for Charm City the past few days: two big-draw tournaments were held in and around Baltimore featuring competitors from all around the country. On Saturday, the Baltimore Flag Football Festival kicked off at Pimlico Race Course, and the 24th annual Charm City Classic presented by the U.S. Fencing Association, a […]
The Baltimore Marathon
- The Baltimore Marathon, hosted by Under Armour is a part of the Baltimore Running Festival that takes place every 3rd weekend of October, this year falling on Saturday October 13th starting at 8 a.m. through scenic areas of Baltimore. This event has been in place for 12 years now and has set the bar high […].
The CAA Comes to Baltimore
- This morning’s press conference at Visit Baltimore celebrated some very sensational news! It was announced that the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) is coming to Baltimore. The CAA Men’s Basketball Championship will be held at the 1st Mariner Arena starting 2014, through 2015 and 2016. To give some background on the CAA, they have had 13 […]
2013 USA BMX East Coast Nationals- Severn-Danza Park
- This past weekend almost 800 BMX riders participated in the 2013 USA BMX East Coast Nationals hosted by Chesapeake BMX (Anne Arundel County). On hand to welcome the crowd of racers and spectators was our very own Terry Hasseltine, representatives from USA BMX, Rick Anthony (Director of Anne Arundel County Recreation and Parks) and Kate […]
Spring in Maryland (Horses, Courses, and Natural Resources,) Part II
- COURSES — Spring is also when golf season in Maryland resumes in earnest. One of the most famous courses in the state will be getting international attention this year when the US Open takes place at the Congressional Country Club. But you don’t need to be on the PGA circuit to enjoy a good round […]
Autos, Bikes & Boats, Oh My!
- There were many exciting sporting events that took place this past weekend in our great state. From fishing to cycling, Maryland had something to offer all sports fans. We’ll be covering auto racing in Southern Maryland, bicycle road racing in the suburbs of DC, tuna fishing down the beach and youth lacrosse in and around […]
Zombie Jamboree — the Latest in 5K Fun
- My oldest son, whose idea of exercise is strumming his guitar, recently informed me he was in “training” for a 5K race this fall. I could not have been more shocked if he was auditioning for the Sugar Plum role in our local Nutcracker. So it was with immense curiosity I looked up Run For […]
Let’s Hear it for the Girls!
- The first weekend in November is all about the ladies…well at least when it comes to athletics! There are quite a few tournaments taking place in Maryland over the next couple of days featuring women athletes. We’ve got a little bit of everything going on this weekend. The 2011 ACC Field Hockey Championships got underway […]
Indoors or Outdoors? Runners don’t have to choose
- With the temperatures outside taking a dip (and holiday decorations popping up), most Marylanders are realizing that fall is winding down and old man winter will soon be knocking on our doors. Some local athletes are taking advantage of what little good weather we have left, while some have begun to migrate their activities indoors […]
Feasting on the Competition over the Thanksgiving Holiday
- While many of us were spending time gobbling up Thanksgiving leftovers or camping out for Black Friday deals this past weekend, others were busy competing in some big time tournaments around Maryland. We talked about the NATT Teams Championship in Baltimore last week, but there were plenty of other events going on in Maryland. These […]