You are here
Here 2 Play
Spring in Maryland (Horses, Courses, and Natural Resources,) Part II
- COURSES — Spring is also when golf season in Maryland resumes in earnest. One of the most famous courses in the state will be getting international attention this year when the US Open takes place at the Congressional Country Club. But you don’t need to be on the PGA circuit to enjoy a good round […]
Autos, Bikes & Boats, Oh My!
- There were many exciting sporting events that took place this past weekend in our great state. From fishing to cycling, Maryland had something to offer all sports fans. We’ll be covering auto racing in Southern Maryland, bicycle road racing in the suburbs of DC, tuna fishing down the beach and youth lacrosse in and around […]
Zombie Jamboree — the Latest in 5K Fun
- My oldest son, whose idea of exercise is strumming his guitar, recently informed me he was in “training” for a 5K race this fall. I could not have been more shocked if he was auditioning for the Sugar Plum role in our local Nutcracker. So it was with immense curiosity I looked up Run For […]
Let’s Hear it for the Girls!
- The first weekend in November is all about the ladies…well at least when it comes to athletics! There are quite a few tournaments taking place in Maryland over the next couple of days featuring women athletes. We’ve got a little bit of everything going on this weekend. The 2011 ACC Field Hockey Championships got underway […]
Indoors or Outdoors? Runners don’t have to choose
- With the temperatures outside taking a dip (and holiday decorations popping up), most Marylanders are realizing that fall is winding down and old man winter will soon be knocking on our doors. Some local athletes are taking advantage of what little good weather we have left, while some have begun to migrate their activities indoors […]
Feasting on the Competition over the Thanksgiving Holiday
- While many of us were spending time gobbling up Thanksgiving leftovers or camping out for Black Friday deals this past weekend, others were busy competing in some big time tournaments around Maryland. We talked about the NATT Teams Championship in Baltimore last week, but there were plenty of other events going on in Maryland. These […]
Maryland Takes Center Stage
- The weather was perfect this weekend for an exciting and eventful array of sports around the state. From horse racing to cycling to extreme races, there was something for everyone to participate in. Here is a snapshot of why Maryland is a growing Sports destination: Maryland will have another, as the 137th Preakness featured the […]
The British Invasion…
- On Saturday two English Premier League teams took to the pitch at M&T Bank Stadium. The crowd of approx. 43,000 witnessed the first time two EPL teams have played one another on US soil – Tottenham FC v. Liverpool FC. The bluegrass pitch looked remarkable considering the hot and steamy weather. The two clubs were […]
Happy New Years!
- In 2012 there were many great sporting events of every caliber that took place throughout the State of Maryland. Some examples of memorable events for me include the Grand Prix of Baltimore, 93,000+ fans packing Ocean City for the Pantech Dew Tour, the USA Junior Olympic Sailing Festival in Annapolis and the USA National Junior Olympic Track & Field Championship at Morgan State University. And who […]
Ethiopians gather in Maryland for weeklong soccer celebration
- If you have attended a football or basketball game at the University of Maryland, then you’re probably familiar with Testudo dancing down the sidelines and Terrapins fans wearing red or gold chanting their victory song. While that sight of the local Maryland community is normal during the fall and winter months, I saw tens of […]