You are here
Here 2 Play
Let’s Hear it for the Girls!
- The first weekend in November is all about the ladies…well at least when it comes to athletics! There are quite a few tournaments taking place in Maryland over the next couple of days featuring women athletes. We’ve got a little bit of everything going on this weekend. The 2011 ACC Field Hockey Championships got underway […]
Hood College Keeps on Believing
- Friday was a momentous day for Hood College in Frederick. After 62 years, the college finally opened a brand new athletic center, and OSM was on hand for all the festivities. The new 41,000-square-foot Hood College Athletic Center includes the BB&T Arena, a 1,600-seat arena where the men’s and women’s basketball and volleyball teams will […]
College Championships Abound in Maryland
- There were three different college conference championships held in Maryland this past weekend: the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Indoor Track & Field Championships, the Capital Athletic Conference Men’s & Women’s Swimming Championships and the Maryland JUCO Basketball Championships. Prince George’s Sports and Learning Complex hosted the MEAC Championships this year. The Championships started on Thursday and […]
The Challenge at Musket Ridge
- The Challenge at Musket Ridge took place in Fredrick Maryland this past week (August 20 – 26, 2012). This event is one stop on the Symetra Tour- the Road to the LPGA. The Musket Ridge Golf Club, ranked second by Golf Digest is located in Myersville, Md. The best of the best are here to […]
Inside or Out, Winter Sports Thrive in Maryland
- The ice and snow our region received this past weekend was a welcome sight for some athletes, but it didn’t leave other athletes out in the cold, either. On Saturday, the University of Maryland track and field team hosted its annual Terrapin Invitational indoor track and field meet at the Prince George’s Sports and Learning […]
Olympians head to Maryland!
- The 2012 U.S. Olympic team members for Canoe/Kayak Slalom will be coming to the Adventure Sports Center International (ASCI) for the Deep Creek Open and the U.S. National Championships being held September 8-9. There are 80 countries (with over 1000 elite athletes) in the world with slalom programs; of those, only 30 qualified at least […]
Hot Off the Press!
- Maryland @ Play- November/December 2012 is out! Check it out here- sign up and add @marylandsports.ccsend.com to your approved email list. Filed under: Anne Arundel County, ASCI, Baltimore City, Baltimore Convention Center, Baltimore County, Baltimore Running Festival, Capital Region, Central Region, Charles County, College Football, Dorchester County, Eastern Shore, FedEx Field, Football, Frederick County, Garrett […]