You are here
Here 2 Play
Travel South to Charles County for the General Smallwood Triathlon Festival!
- Spring has finally sprung, so what better time is there to swim, bike and run than next weekend in Charles County! Staged out of beautiful General Smallwood State Park, this park and area are ideally situated for a triathlon with rolling courses and low traffic roads. The swim takes place in the Mattawoman Bay, known across the Nation […]
Run and Have Fun at the Frederick Running Festival!
- Tucked away just west of Baltimore, the Frederick Running Festival is a hidden gem of the running community. Now in its 16th year, the festival features four races, which all finish at the Frederick Fairgrounds. Runners can choose between the 5K and Kids Fun Run on Saturday, May 5th or the half-marathon and two-person team […]
MAWA Eastern Nationals Return to Wicomico County
- Looking to watch some of the region’s best wrestlers compete for first place bragging rights and awards? The Mid-Atlantic Wrestling Association (MAWA) is celebrating its 51st anniversary this year. They first hosted the Eastern National Championship in Wicomico County in 1991. This is the 12th straight year that Wicomico County has hosted the MAWA Eastern […]
Spring is here and it’s almost time to #RunSBY!
- Salisbury, Maryland is home to a large community of all kinds of runners: road, trail, track, 5K, distance and cross-country. If you run, Salisbury is your kind of town. The RunSBY events, presented by Pohanka of Salisbury, is one of the fastest growing running events in the State of Maryland. With over 850 participants signed […]
Charles County: Legends, Lore and Room to Explore
- Charles County is a place with wide open natural spaces, waterways, woodlands and farmlands. In this setting, it is only natural that the most popular area of sports involve the outdoor adventures of hiking, hunting, fishing and cycling. Organizations such as the World Fishing League and the American Bass Association are hosting seasonal tournaments of […]
2018: What has Passed, What is Ongoing & What’s to Come in Maryland!
- The new year has started in full swing, with events of all sport types taking place across the State of Maryland. If you have missed any, don’t worry! Here is a brief overview of what has already happened and what’s to come for Maryland Sports, our TEAM Maryland Partners, MAASA & Maryland’s Own! Major events […]
Oriole Park at Camden Yards Offers Collegiate Competition This Weekend
- Baseball fans can catch a few games prior to Opening Day this Sunday at Camden Yards, but it won’t be the Orioles up to bat just yet. (From Navy Athletics in Annapolis, Md.) — A multi-dimensional partnership between the Baltimore Orioles and Naval Academy Athletic Association was announced on Wednesday, February 28 that is highlighted by […]
Olympians, World Record Holders and more competing next weekend, but where?
- National USATF Masters Indoor Track Championship in Landover, Maryland, March 16-18 Features Olympians, World Record Holders, Local & National Stars from 30 to over 100 yrs. old! Record 1,219 Entrants. The 44th annual USATF Masters Track & Field Indoor National Championship runs March, 16th-18th at the Prince George’s Sports and Learning Complex in Landover, Maryland. Entrants […]
Don’t Miss the 5th Annual Mite Beach Bash!
- In its fifth year of play, the Mite Beach Bash is an annual ice hockey tournament that takes place in Ocean City, Md. But where in Ocean City could an ice hockey tournament possibly take place? Partnering with the Carousel Resort, the Mite Beach Bash gives the tournament a feel like no other. Kids can play […]
Elite Tournaments’ Amanda Post Memorial Tournament Means More Than Just Soccer
- Together with the Soccer Association of Columbia (SAC), Elite Tournaments hosts the Amanda Post Memorial Soccer Tournament. There are two weekends for this annual soccer tournament, one for the girls and one for the boys; but this is not just another day for these young U9-12 tournament participants to play soccer. The Amanda Post Memorial […]