You are here
Here 2 Play
The CAA Men’s Basketball Championship Tournament is Back!!!
- This year the CAA Men’s Basketball Championship Tournament is coming to Baltimore March 6-9 at the Royal Farms Arena. 2014 marked the first year the CAA Men’s Basketball Championship was hosted in Baltimore after 24 years in Richmond, Virginia. The move to Baltimore was due in part to its central location within the Colonial Athletic […]
IRONMAN Maryland Brings World-Class Competition to Mid-Atlantic
- Over 2,000 athletes gathered before sunrise on the shores of Great Marsh Park in Dorchester County last September 20th to begin the first leg of the inaugural 2014 IRONMAN Maryland triathlon. The race started with a 2.4 mile swim in the fresh water of the Choptank River, which led to a 112 mile bike ride […]
Frostbite Series is Underway In Annapolis
- With cold temperatures predicted to stay at least five more weeks here in Maryland, the Annapolis Yacht Club sets sail to carry on the second half of their 2014-2015 Frostbite Series. Frostbite racing, or Frostbiting, is another term for sailing in the winter and as “America’s Sailing Capital”, sailing enthusiasts are not about to let a little cold […]
Six Maryland Athletes Competing for Team USA
- This summer, Los Angeles will be hosting the largest sports and humanitarian event anywhere in the world. From July 25 to August 2, more than 3,000 coaches, 30,000 volunteers 500,000 spectators, and 7,000 athletes representing 177 countries, will assemble for the 2015 Special Olympics World Summer Games (www.la2015.org). While California seems like a world away […]
What Do You Know about Maryland’s First State Sport?
- Originally posted on Maryland Stories:1962 was a turbulent year in American History. The Cuban Missile Crisis began, Rachel Carson released her pivotal work Silent Spring, and Tom Cruise was born. In the midst of this national turmoil, a small, but still notable, bill was introduced into the Maryland State Legislature. When signed into law, House Bill…
ESPN College GameDay Makes MD Debut for Army-Navy Game at M&T Bank Stadium
- Mid December is an exciting time in the world of college football. The regular season is over, all Conference Championships have been played and with these conclusions come the anticipation of what is to follow: Remaining selections for the nationally beloved bowl games, the highly anticipated first year of college football playoffs and let us not forgot what is […]
52nd Annual JFK 50 Mile Run- A History of Excellence
- On Saturday, November 22nd, the 52nd Annual JFK 50 Mile Run will taking place, with over 1,000 runners set to compete. The JFK 50 Mile Run has had a long history in Maryland, starting back in 1963, one year before the beloved President John F. Kennedy was assassinated. The run was initially created to increase […]
Night Orienteering Championship Takes Baltimore County
- “Orienteering? What in the world is that?” No need to be ashamed if those questions popped into your mind after reading this headline; I can assure you that you are not the only one. So for those of you who may not have heard about this increasingly popular “thinking sport”: What is orienteering? According to […]
Inaugural Race for “10k Across the Bay”
- The inaugural “10k Across the Bay” took place Sunday, November 9th with over 20,000 runners ready to be the first to win the event. For the first time since 2006, runners had their chance to run across the beautiful Chesapeake Bay Bridge. The scene was perfect for the return of the crossing. At the sound […]
Get Excited Cecil County – Calvert Regional Park is Almost Underway!
- Excitement is in the cool, fall Cecil County air as they prepare to begin construction on the county’s first regional park! With the property located between MD Route 272 and MD Route 273, just four miles from I-95 and six miles from US Route 40, this convenient 112 acre site is set to be a […]