You are here
Here 2 Play
New to Ocean City: Ice Hockey!
- If you’ve ever visited Ocean City, Maryland, you’ve probably seen the landmark Carousel Hotel on 118th street. One of the oldest hotels and one of the first high-rise buildings in Ocean City, the Carousel boasts one of the most unique amenities in the country: an indoor ice-skating rink. Because of its irregular shape and size […]
Aloha Tournaments: A Leader in Lacrosse and Field Hockey Tournaments
- If you haven’t had the chance to attend or play in a lacrosse or field hockey tournament hosted by Aloha Tournaments, then you are missing out. Aloha Tournaments has been providing the State of Maryland with elite youth lacrosse tournaments since 1999. Over the past 16 years the organization has carried out numerous lacrosse and field hockey tournaments across the nation, and continues to provide exceptional […]
March Madness in Prince George’s County
- It is that time of year again: March Madness spreads south from Baltimore and the Men’s CAA Basketball Tournament to bring the CAA Women’s Championship Tournament back to Prince George’s County. “This March marks the fifth year the CAA will call The Show Place Arena home to the Championship and throughout the years it has […]
The CAA Men’s Basketball Championship Tournament is Back!!!
- This year the CAA Men’s Basketball Championship Tournament is coming to Baltimore March 6-9 at the Royal Farms Arena. 2014 marked the first year the CAA Men’s Basketball Championship was hosted in Baltimore after 24 years in Richmond, Virginia. The move to Baltimore was due in part to its central location within the Colonial Athletic […]
IRONMAN Maryland Brings World-Class Competition to Mid-Atlantic
- Over 2,000 athletes gathered before sunrise on the shores of Great Marsh Park in Dorchester County last September 20th to begin the first leg of the inaugural 2014 IRONMAN Maryland triathlon. The race started with a 2.4 mile swim in the fresh water of the Choptank River, which led to a 112 mile bike ride […]
Frostbite Series is Underway In Annapolis
- With cold temperatures predicted to stay at least five more weeks here in Maryland, the Annapolis Yacht Club sets sail to carry on the second half of their 2014-2015 Frostbite Series. Frostbite racing, or Frostbiting, is another term for sailing in the winter and as “America’s Sailing Capital”, sailing enthusiasts are not about to let a little cold […]
Six Maryland Athletes Competing for Team USA
- This summer, Los Angeles will be hosting the largest sports and humanitarian event anywhere in the world. From July 25 to August 2, more than 3,000 coaches, 30,000 volunteers 500,000 spectators, and 7,000 athletes representing 177 countries, will assemble for the 2015 Special Olympics World Summer Games (www.la2015.org). While California seems like a world away […]
What Do You Know about Maryland’s First State Sport?
- Originally posted on Maryland Stories:1962 was a turbulent year in American History. The Cuban Missile Crisis began, Rachel Carson released her pivotal work Silent Spring, and Tom Cruise was born. In the midst of this national turmoil, a small, but still notable, bill was introduced into the Maryland State Legislature. When signed into law, House Bill…
ESPN College GameDay Makes MD Debut for Army-Navy Game at M&T Bank Stadium
- Mid December is an exciting time in the world of college football. The regular season is over, all Conference Championships have been played and with these conclusions come the anticipation of what is to follow: Remaining selections for the nationally beloved bowl games, the highly anticipated first year of college football playoffs and let us not forgot what is […]
52nd Annual JFK 50 Mile Run- A History of Excellence
- On Saturday, November 22nd, the 52nd Annual JFK 50 Mile Run will taking place, with over 1,000 runners set to compete. The JFK 50 Mile Run has had a long history in Maryland, starting back in 1963, one year before the beloved President John F. Kennedy was assassinated. The run was initially created to increase […]