You are here
Here 2 Play » Charles County
Travel South to Charles County for the General Smallwood Triathlon Festival!
- Spring has finally sprung, so what better time is there to swim, bike and run than next weekend in Charles County! Staged out of beautiful General Smallwood State Park, this park and area are ideally situated for a triathlon with rolling courses and low traffic roads. The swim takes place in the Mattawoman Bay, known across the Nation […]
Charles County: Legends, Lore and Room to Explore
- Charles County is a place with wide open natural spaces, waterways, woodlands and farmlands. In this setting, it is only natural that the most popular area of sports involve the outdoor adventures of hiking, hunting, fishing and cycling. Organizations such as the World Fishing League and the American Bass Association are hosting seasonal tournaments of […]
2018: What has Passed, What is Ongoing & What’s to Come in Maryland!
- The new year has started in full swing, with events of all sport types taking place across the State of Maryland. If you have missed any, don’t worry! Here is a brief overview of what has already happened and what’s to come for Maryland Sports, our TEAM Maryland Partners, MAASA & Maryland’s Own! Major events […]
Out With the Old, In With the New!
- With many exhilarating events this past year, 2017 was an important year for the sport tourism industry! Here’s what to look forward to in wrapping up 2017 as well as events happening in the first few months of 2018 in Maryland. Ending the exciting year with a bang is the Governor’s Challenge in Wicomico County, […]
In Maryland, All Athletes Can Find Their Game | Sports Destination Management
- With topography as varied as the U.S. itself, Maryland is primed and ready to host any event a sports planner has in mind. From mountain biking and whitewater kayaking in Western Maryland, to marlin fishing in Ocean City, to soccer in the plethora of sports-field complexes spread across the state, to cheerleading and gymnastics events […]