The Maryland Sports internship program is a great stepping stone into the sports industry field.
Our past interns have gone on to thrive in the sports industry via the experience gained here at Maryland Sports. Coming from schools such as Maryland, Georgetown, Louisville, Towson, Loyola and Johns Hopkins, our interns have gone on to secure great jobs in the sports field. Former interns are now working for Under Armour, the NFLPA, Brooklyn Nets and SB Nation.
Our ideal candidates will be well-rounded individuals looking to gain valuable work
experience in the sports, events, and tourism industry.
The intern in this position(s) will be charged with enhancing Maryland Sports’ web presence, partnership initiatives and interactive marketing efforts by contributing to the website, events calendar and various social media outlets and other projects as assigned.
Overall responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Researching event opportunities
- Writing original content for blog postings
- Web content
- Enhancing the media section of the website
- Supporting our TEAM Maryland initiatives
- Assisting on special projects
*Some travel and weekends may be necessary to cover events. In addition to the activities associated with Maryland Sports, opportunities do arise from time to time to support the Maryland Stadium Authority with special events. These include The Color Run, Army-Navy Game, event operations, etc.
Desired minimum qualifications:
- Enrollment in an institution of higher learning. Preferably with a concentration in sports management, marketing, communications, journalism, digital media or graphic design.
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities
- Excellent written-communication skills
- Excellent verbal-communication skills
- Multi-task oriented with strong organizational skills
- Creative thinker
- Strong computer skills
- Sports marketing, graphic or website experience a plus
- Tourism or hospitality experience a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
To apply, please submit the following as PDFs through the below form or to email@example.com :
- Cover letter
- Sample of work, if necessary