You are here
Here 2 Play
10-Mile Tipoff set to bring the community together
- For immediate release, from Wicomico County Recreation, Parks & Tourism via Vanessa Junkin. 10-Mile Tipoff set to bring the community together College doubleheader will raise funds for Wicomico Youth Basketball League scholarships SALISBURY, Md. – The athletic departments at the Lower Shore’s two premier universities have teamed with Wicomico County Recreation, Parks & Tourism for an […]
Welcome to TEAM Maryland, Dorchester County!
- Known as the “Heart of the Chesapeake,” Dorchester County offers thousands of miles of shoreline, amazing local seafood stops, a rich and nationally known wildlife refuge and of course, home of IRONMAN Maryland and other triathlons. Home of IRONMAN Maryland, Dorchester County has more shoreline than any other county in the state. From the Chesapeake […]
Diamond in the Rough Triathlon Returns to Perryville
- Midway between Baltimore and Philadelphia, this race is staged out of the beautiful Perryville Community Park in Cecil County, which is truly a hidden gem; a diamond in the rough. Nestled on forested bluffs overlooking the top of the Chesapeake Bay this park makes for the epicenter of a great race. The swim takes place in the […]
Shootout For Soldiers returns to Baltimore in its seventh year
- What started out as a senior project for two young men at Boys’ Latin School of Maryland is now a booming business in the sports world, raising millions of dollars each year to benefit our veterans. Maryland is known as the hotbed of lacrosse in the Mid-Atlantic, with tons of tournaments in all four seasons […]
United Bid Selected to Host the 2026 FIFA World Cup™
- NEW YORK (June 13, 2018) – The United Bid of Canada, Mexico, and the United States was selected to host the 2026 FIFA World Cup™ earlier today by the 68th FIFA Congress in Moscow. For the first time in history, FIFA’s Member Associations were given the opportunity to vote on the host for the FIFA […]
TOP of the BAY Lacrosse Prepares Youth for Life Outside Lax
- Lacrosse tournaments on hot summer days in Maryland are nothing out of the ordinary for players, coaches and parents across the country. This June, Harford and Cecil County will host a brand new tournament with an invaluable message: One Love. The Live Love Lax tournament is the joining of efforts from three of the most […]
Travel South to Charles County for the General Smallwood Triathlon Festival!
- Spring has finally sprung, so what better time is there to swim, bike and run than next weekend in Charles County! Staged out of beautiful General Smallwood State Park, this park and area are ideally situated for a triathlon with rolling courses and low traffic roads. The swim takes place in the Mattawoman Bay, known across the Nation […]
Run and Have Fun at the Frederick Running Festival!
- Tucked away just west of Baltimore, the Frederick Running Festival is a hidden gem of the running community. Now in its 16th year, the festival features four races, which all finish at the Frederick Fairgrounds. Runners can choose between the 5K and Kids Fun Run on Saturday, May 5th or the half-marathon and two-person team […]
MAWA Eastern Nationals Return to Wicomico County
- Looking to watch some of the region’s best wrestlers compete for first place bragging rights and awards? The Mid-Atlantic Wrestling Association (MAWA) is celebrating its 51st anniversary this year. They first hosted the Eastern National Championship in Wicomico County in 1991. This is the 12th straight year that Wicomico County has hosted the MAWA Eastern […]
Spring is here and it’s almost time to #RunSBY!
- Salisbury, Maryland is home to a large community of all kinds of runners: road, trail, track, 5K, distance and cross-country. If you run, Salisbury is your kind of town. The RunSBY events, presented by Pohanka of Salisbury, is one of the fastest growing running events in the State of Maryland. With over 850 participants signed […]